We aim for higher things
At Long Close, we believe in preparing our students to make a difference in today’s world, which is guided by our core values: family values, individualised learning and inspirational teaching. In delivering a connected experience, students find their strength and their own unique leadership style which is supported through educational excellence, character development and nurturing global citizenship.
Altiora Petimus. We aim for higher things. These words, which sit beneath our ‘Winged Pegasus’ emblem, sum up the collective pursuit of excellence that characterises Long Close School.
To help each pupil flourish both intellectually and personally, build self-belief and empower individuals to succeed.
To enhance the School’s reputation as one of the area’s leading institutions for academic excellence at the heart of an exceptional holistic and value-rich education that develops intellectual, personal character and interpersonal potential.
WE AIM TO DELIVER OUR ETHOS AND VALUES, REALISE OUR VISION AND ACHIEVE OUR GOAL BY:
- Ensuring Long Close School is a Happy School. This happiness is built into the culture of the school. It comes from the unusual amount of individual attention we choose to give our students and the importance we place on family values and listening to our students, staff and in working together with our parents in an important partnership to get the best outcomes for our students.
- Aiming to ‘Inspire Every Child’ through the delivery of broad, balanced curriculum, which challenges and inspires students to love learning and to shape a better world. Paramount to this is the importance we place on the Mental Health and Wellbeing of our Students.
- Balancing Academic Achievement, Character Development and the Nurturing of a Global Perspective through our unique Cognita Global Learning Community, we aim to offer a curriculum which stirs the imagination, fosters creativity, develops students’ critical thinking and inquiry skills and provides our students with the skills required for success in the 21st century.
- Our goal is to enrich the student experience by providing exceptional learning throughout their educational journey. We embrace change, develop creative competencies in our students, strengthen our community and connect to the world beyond.
- Identifying individual potential and nurturing it so that all of our children can make the very most of themselves. Through our passion for character development and opening the doors for our students to connect to our Global Learning Community, we inspire confidence and develop self esteem as we prepare them to be successful in their next stage of learning as we help them grow from the Learners of today to the Leaders of tomorrow.
- Long Close children learn that their own success in life comes through hard work, self-discipline and inner strength – and we teach them how to develop and harness those characteristics. They are taught that happiness comes from the pursuit of success rather than the trappings of it and that they can spread that happiness through respect, tolerance, good manners, honesty, compassion and fair-mindedness. And they learn that personal fulfilment depends on maturity, confidence and independence of thought.
A LONG CLOSE SCHOOL PUPIL IS EXPECTED TO DISPLAY:
- Honesty, Compassion and Fair-mindedness
- Self-Discipline and Inner Strength
- Maturity, Confidence and Independence of Thought
A LONG CLOSE SCHOOL PUPIL IS EXPECTED TO BE:
- Respectful, resilient, resourceful and reflective
- Hardworking, mindful and motivated
- Organised and punctual
- Industrious and inquisitive