“I am pleased with the development my child has made: always happy, learning new things through the variety of experiences Early Years is able to provide her with.” Pre-school Parent – Voice of the Parent 2021
As children journey through their Early Years at Long Close School they become confident learners who enjoy mastering new skills and discovering more about themselves and the world around them. As a School Nursery, we make education accessible and fun, harnessing a child’s naturally inquisitive nature and using this to develop an engaging curriculum.
From the age of 2, our children start learning through a variety of educational experiences, both inside and out in our purpose-built, free-flow building which has its own exciting outdoor garden and Forest School classroom.
As a School Nursery we also benefit from being part of a high-achieving educational establishment which embeds the pillars of excellent academics from an early age. Children and families feel a sense of belonging thanks to our small class sizes, individualised learning approach and wonderful learning environment.
For more information, or to book a tour, please complete this short enquiry form or call 01753 520095.
Preparing children for the start of Reception
What we offer
- Nursery care from 2-4 years old.
- New Little Long Close Early Years building from Nursery- Pre-School – Reception.
- Weekly Forest School classes from age 2
- Dance, Music and PE lessons with specialist teachers from age 2
- Spanish from and Read Write Inc. phonics from age 3 (we are the only Independent School in the UK to have Model School Status)
- A new purpose-built, free-flow education setting to inspire and build confidence
- Wonderful enclosed outdoor play area
- Wrap around care from 8:00am to 6:00pm
- 15 hours free Early Years education available
- Highly qualified, passionate Early Years staff
- Millie’s Mark accreditation: a Quality Mark for nurseries where employees working directly with children are trained in paediatric first aid
- Healthy, home-cooked meals and snacks
Long Close Nursery and Reception tours with the Head of Early Years are available all year round.
Head of Early Years
At Long Close school, our youngest learners start at two years old.
Little Long Close learners are very important members of the school community and benefit from being immersed in our enriching environment. They learn through a wide variety of play and creative activities. They are encouraged to develop self assurance, independence and effective social skills. We offer a seamless transition through Nursery to Reception and upwards in a stimulating environment to start the foundations of learning within The Little Long Close Early Years building.
Our excellent and enthusiastic staff are highly qualified and chosen with great care, reflecting our commitment to maximising the comfort, happiness and progress of our children.
Long Close School Nursery and Reception provide children with the very best foundation as they embark on their educational journey.