Head of Early Years
At Long Close school, our youngest learners start at two years old.
Little Long Close learners are very important members of the school community and benefit from being immersed in our enriching environment. They learn through a wide variety of play and creative activities. They are encouraged to develop self assurance, independence and effective social skills. We offer a seamless transition through Nursery to Reception and upwards in a stimulating environment to start the foundations of learning within The Little Long Close Early Years building.
Our excellent and enthusiastic staff are highly qualified and chosen with great care, reflecting our commitment to maximising the comfort, happiness and progress of our children.
Long Close School Nursery and Reception provide children with the very best foundation as they embark on their educational journey.
What we offer
- Nursery care from 2-4 years old.
- New Little Long Close Early Years building from Nursery- Pre-School – Reception.
- Forest School from age 2
- Dance and Spanish from age 3
- Read Write Inc. phonics from age 3
- Child-led free flow education setting to inspire and build confidence
- Wrap around care including ‘Early Morning Club’.
- Highly qualified, passionate Early Years staff.
- 15 hours free Early Years education available.
- We have been awarded Millie’s Mark accreditation, a Quality Mark for nurseries where employees working directly with children are trained in paediatric first aid.
- Healthy, home-cooked meals and snacks.
- A comprehensive extra-curricular programme including dance, music, swimming, Spanish and PE.
Long Close Nursery and Reception tours with the Head of Early Years are available all year round. Please contact our Admissions Manager, Jane Gee, to arrange a tour or see our website for future Open Days or Stay and Play dates.
Preparing children for the start of Reception
In this video, Mrs M Carpenter explains why Long Close School is a special place for your children to learn. Plus, there are some helpful tips on how to prepare your children for the start of school. Mrs Carpenter is available for virtual 1-2-1 meetings with prospective parents. To book a meeting, please complete this enquiry form (scroll to the bottom of the page) and write your request in the comments. Our Admissions team will then contact you to make arrangements.