We Are Recruiting
Join Slough’s top-performing, non-selective, independent school for children aged 2-16 years.
We currently have two exciting teaching vacancies.
Head of Maths (Senior School)
We are looking to appoint a well-qualified and talented individual who has a passion for this highly popular subject. The successful candidate will have excellent subject knowledge and the ability to make the subject come alive with inspirational and interactive lessons which challenge and support all pupils to secure the best possible outcomes.
The successful candidate will have the vision, creativity and experience to drive the continued development of the Maths Department. They will be responsible for ensuring that achievement in Maths is outstanding at all key stages, with robust curriculum and assessment frameworks, and a variety of extracurricular opportunities, to support this. We are looking for an adept leader with strong delivery and an ability to take staff with them on their journey.
This post is suitable for an experienced leader looking for an exciting, fresh opportunity or this might be your first step into a leadership position but your commitment and desire for excellence will be clear. The key is that you are enthusiastic and capable of contributing to a highly effective and supportive teaching team.
All staff at Long Close are actively involved in the pastoral life of school. The role will also offer the opportunity for further contribution to the varied and vibrant array of extra-curricular clubs and enrichment.
Further senior leadership opportunities are available for suitable candidates.
The successful candidate will:
- Be well qualified, enthusiastic and dedicated
- Be an excellent classroom practitioner who can ensure good progress for all
- Have a vision for what outstanding teaching and learning should look like
- Have excellent organisational skills
- Have a positive attitude and approach to change and development
- Have good leadership skills with the ability to motivate others
We are seeking to employ a well-qualified, energetic and enthusiastic teacher of Science with a passion for their subject to commence in September 2020. You will be able to offer Science in the Senior School (Key Stage 3 and 4).
The successful candidate will have excellent subject knowledge and be able to motivate pupils through inspirational teaching. You will share our vision of achieving excellence and raising further standards of teaching and learning across the department. You will be a team player with a clear understanding of current and future curriculum developments.
Pupils are respectful and responsive and are proud to uphold the strong values of the school. Colleagues and the leadership team are highly supportive. The curriculum area is a very strong and generates outstanding results.
This post is suitable for an experienced teacher looking for an exciting, fresh opportunity or a newly qualified teacher looking seeking to widen their experience for their first teaching role. You will be fully supported by an enthusiastic and passionate Head of Department.
Further leadership opportunities are available for suitable candidates.
- Be able to teach Science at KS3 – KS4:
- Be highly motivated and an excellent classroom practitioner who can ensure good progress for all
- Have a creative, forward thinking attitude and inspire pupils to succeed in Science
- Be unapologetically passionate about your subject:
- Be committed to working collaboratively as part of a team and across the school;
- Be hard-working with excellent organisational skills:
- Be an individual with a ‘can do’ approach willing to make a significant contribution to the life of the school
- A pleasant working environment with good resources
- Supportive colleagues and community
- Enthusiastic and motivated pupils that are taught in small class sizes
- Excellent professional development opportunities within the school and wider Cognita group
- Competitive salary and contribution to the Teacher Pension Scheme
- Fee remission for children educated at Long Close School
- Complimentary meals in the Dining Hall during term time
Consistent with our traditional values, classes are small, behavioural standards are exceptional, and pastoral care is second to none. We are very focused on high quality teaching and learning and expect all of our pupils to make exceptional progress.
We are passion about supporting personal and professional development. As a Cognita School, there are longer term career opportunities that exist in a company where our colleagues share ideas and practices from around the world. Cognita is an international family of over 70 schools in the UK, Europe, Latin America and Asia .
Please visit the website www.longcloseschool.co.uk and follow the About Us – Job Vacancies to learn more about us and download an application form.
Please return your completed application form along with your CV and covering letter to: –
Mrs C Andrews
Long Close School
Upton Court Road
Published on: 21st July 2020